His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of the warrior; the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. ~ Psalm 147: 10-11
God clearly isn't impressed with how much we can do without Him and He doesn't delight in our independence. God delights in our dependence upon His unfailing hope and our desire to stick with Him.
How to stick with God for the long haul? Endurance. And like training our body, we train our faith to build endurance. How to do it?
- Standing up for God and believing in His truth
- Walking with God through steady prayer and worship
- Exercising your faith by serving others sacrificially
- Training your heart and mind through the disciplines of faith
- Running the marathon and going the distance with God
- Finishing your life strong.