A Fresh Start
Take the one-day resolution challenge!
SETTING YOUR COURSE:
January is a peculiar time of year. Humanity seems to come together in unity and agree on one common idea...that a "new year" can offer a "new you." But there is a catch if you want it to last... it needs to be built on the right foundation.
...those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:31
Think about this... on January 1st the entire world embraces the hope of something better and desires to leave old habits behind.
On this wonderful day, the world unites and agrees that forgiveness of past mistakes and renewal with a new hope for better days - is the way to go.
It looks, feels, and sounds a lot like God's plan doesn't it?
This time of year opens the door for us to acknowledge and accept forgiveness from God - and more importantly - forgiveness from ourselves.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! - 2 Corinthians 5:17
This fresh start begins as we confess... "God has forgiven me, and now I forgive myself for missing the mark, pulling back, slacking off, putting off, etc. Now I am free to try again!"
I'm not certain why we only reserve this fresh start for one day in the year. Jesus Christ sacrificed himself so we can have this same fresh start as often as we are willing to take it. Daily.
Jesus Christ gave us the room to have a fresh start every single day. Each new sunrise should remind us to forgive ourselves as God has forgiven us... and empower us move on to our next great adventure of the day!
LET'S PUT THIS IDEA TO WORK:
This month: Take the one-day resolution challenge for the next 30 days
- Say a prayer of gratitude just as you awake from sleep: "Thank you Jesus for, ____________________."
- Make your 1 day resolution: "Today, I will _________________."
- Keep your resolution for a day - as it expires as you sleep.
- Tell God just before sleep, "Thank you, God, for another day. Now, I forgive myself as you have forgiven me".
- Give yourself a win if you kept that one-day resolution - then repeat.
(We created a printable tracking tool if you prefer to write these down)
get it here -> TRACKING TOOL
Closing out the month: When you wrap up the month, take a look back.
- How many wins did you get for the month?
- Were you able to forgive yourself any losses?
- How has your daily routine changed?